Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Nightmare Before Christmas


Twas the nightmare before christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, exempt maybe that mouse. Hold on......................not a creature was stirring not even that damned mouse. The Stockings where hung by the chimney with some care. Well I kinda just nailed them there. In hopes that St. Social Security soon would be there, and he better get here soon I got's bills to pay. The children were nestled all snug in their beds, and they better appreciate the heat too. While visions of a warm meal danced in their heads, it's been a while shut up. And mamma in her bra, and I in my whiteys. Had just settled our augment to take a long nighty..........she won. When out on the lawn there arose a clatter, I got my gun out of the drawer to see what's the matter. Away to the window I ran like The Flash, Tore open the window and threw up the gun like Jonny Cash. The moon on the crest of the newly-fallen snow, damnit now I got to dig my car out tomorrow, made me sure there was no one below. When, what to my tired eyes should appear, But a miniature sleigh, and eight tinny reindeer. That's it, no more weed. With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment that I must be hella sick.

Did you see what I did to that poem? That's kinda what The Nightmare Before Christmas is like. The familiar, but changed. It's Tim Burton's best work. Watch it

No comments:

Post a Comment